8.31.2005

Sucked in to the machine

I had two people on staff at CIU tell me today that once you start working for the school, you get sucked in and you could be there a while, and you get piled with stuff. I can see it's true; my boss Mark would be prime example no. 1. My friend Val told me that most people working at the school end up doing the job of at least two men. I said, "Not me!", and she said, "Just wait; next year you'll see." I guess I'm okay with the piling stuff; I work pretty well under pressure and I know when I need to go home. But it's the next year part that I started thinking about. I don't know if I'll be here next year. I don't want to get tied down to CIU. I mean, I love the place and all, but I don't think I need to be there for the next 5 or more years. I don't know what I'll be doing next year. I'm going to look into Pioneers and Proclaim once I get a steady 40 hrs/week of work. I'm also going to look a little more at grad schools. Sidenote: You know, though, I might get sucked into Gateway, now that I will be going there. I guess I'm just afraid that if I don't intentionally try to get out of the Columbia area, I'll just stay here, and there's already so many people here in ministry. There are so many needs elsewhere; BUT if you always go somewhere because there is a need, you would have to learn how to be in more than one place at one time, because there are needs everywhere. Maybe God wants me in Columbia for a while (I hope not). Anyways, I'm here for the time being, and I really want it to be a time of training. I really want to learn relationships this year, and get trained in the church, and get trained at my jobs doing various things which may come in handy someday...

Okay, so this blog looks like I just puked my plans (or rather non-plans) out on a page, but that's just the way my brain thinks.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter