8.27.2005

Fender Passport Systems and Lingerie Parties

You may be wondering what these two things have to do with each other. Well, they were both a part of my day today. This morning, at work, we got a new Fender Passport portable sound system. It's pretty sweet. We'll probably use it a lot. This evening, I went to a lingerie party for a friend of mine. I hope that's not what my next 5-10 years look like: always going to other peoples' lingerie parties and never having my own. Anyways, enough about clothing that cover less than half as much as regular clothing and cost twice as much as regular clothing, which covers twice as much bodily area.

So, as far as an esoteric thought for the day goes, let's try this one: I'm wondering about church. Where do you draw the line between being fed and feeding others? I've been going to a church which for years has been for me of the latter kind. It has been a place where I have been able to get involved in ministry (and even some leadership-type ministry), and feed others. I have been overfed at CIU, and have, in turn, dumped (overflowed would probably be the politically correct, euphemistic, Christianese word to use) that into my ministry at church, so to speak. Now, I am still lingering at CIU (as some of us tend to do), but my feeding there will be a bit downsized, and my fellowship will look vastly different. I am considering changing churches partly for this reason. My major dilemma is that I do not want to start going to a new church because I selfishly am not getting what I want out of the church which I am now at. My desire is to be elsewhere, and so I guess I need to look at the reasons behind that desire. Okay, so you probably don't want to hear my continuing rambling about this subject. But I do think it's a big decision, since I've been with the church for four years, and I hate to abandon things. I just want to be a part of something that's moving--a group of people where God is obviously working.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe, check this out:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22223185/

Anonymous said...

oops. I didn't get to tell you that was me. silly internet...

Free Blog Counter