6.12.2007

Still on the job hunt...

Well, it's not easy to get a job. Ian and I have been sending out resumes like crazy, with not a lot of response. It seems like everything is on hold until we have jobs. Oh well, at least we get to spend a lot of quality time together! We spend a good portion of the day job searching, and another portion continuing to set up camp.

Good news: we went to a small group last night with mostly young parents in it, and really had a fun time. We felt very accepted (even though we don't have kids!), and I'm hoping that we will be able to connect with these people. One couple even is inviting us over for dinner. That meant a lot to me. The small group is going to host a big kickball game in July for the church. We're going to play against another small group with mostly people our age :)

In other news: found a cool Oriental market today on the way home from the chiropractor (a visit which only cost me $5 in Aldi's Mac and Cheese because of a local food drive!), and the market had lots of rice noodles, Asian spices, etc for pretty cheap. Oh, the resources...

Anyways, I'm still enjoying it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you guys! You'll find the right job I'm sure. I've already started sending off my resume (well only two jobs so far, but it makes me feel better).

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday vive! I hope you are well and you are enjoying Michigan!! Miss you, Lo

Free Blog Counter