12.08.2005

An analogy for Eph 2:8-9

Those of you at my Bible study already heard this, but I wanted to remember it.

You don't do good works in order to be or maintain status as a Jesus-follower, but once you become a Jesus-follower, you just do good works. It's like this: "When a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, it flies." It's not a matter of flying in order to stay a butterfly, and it's certainly not a matter of flying to become a butterfly, but upon becoming a butterfly, I would imagine wings would give quite the incentive to fly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. that's fantastic. I wish I could have been there, but I was kinda busy with... other things... ;-P hehehehe...

Anonymous said...

Good analogy. It conjures just the right images for the idea. I’ll probably steal it someday. ;-)

Free Blog Counter