9.17.2005

Recording artist!

Hey, today I went to visit my friend Rick Castleman, whom I had a class with last year at CIU. He attends a church in Lexington and has agreed to let me use the "recording studio" of his church office to record my first ever cd in! So, today I was checking out the place, and seeing what Rick could do with my vocals and guitar/keyboard with ProTools. I am very excited to get some stuff down. I'm starting next weekend. The best part about this is that I'm getting the experience for free! So, it may be a while before it's done, but at least it's in the works. I've been talking about doing a cd for a while, so I'm glad I'm finally doing it. If I can finish off two songs that I'm working on, I can make it a 10-song cd. I've always wanted to do cds of songs that make sense together (like have a theme), so I might try to still shoot for that, or I might make an exception, because I didn't write these songs with that intention. They're really just songs from my life experiences. I guess you could call my style folk rock. I would compare my style to that of Sarah McGlaughlin, Bebo Norman/Andrew Peterson - ish. So, I am very excited to get going on that.

I am also attending Gateway Baptist tomorrow for the first Sunday of what I hope to be many Sundays. I'm excited about getting the chance to be on their worship team.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vive is cool.

Anonymous said...

that comment was from me and it's not 6:47 am.

Genevieve said...

Come on Shlee, you're not up at 6:47 am?

MrHappyHead said...

just as an encouragement i have always found that my favorite CD's and songs are those that are genuine and come from the experiences of the artists. raw true emotions are much better that trying to sugar-coat life with happy pop songs (not that you are trying to do that) Not to discourage you from going with a theme. themed albums do have their merit and I have enjoyed many. Either way it's free and in the end you will have learned a lot (and probably had a blast) so... enjoy the ride.

Anonymous said...

Vive is most definitely cool. Most definitely.

Genevieve said...

Thanks for the free advice Damien. I have a mini-battle going on inside my head trying to decide if I like the continuity of the themed album (within the bounds of freedom), or the chaos of a non-themed album (also within the same bounds of freedom). Maybe I'll do one of both in my lifetime.

Free Blog Counter