9.07.2005

Before the clocks kept time...

So, I was thinking today: who ever decided to have days and call them Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? (Oh, yeah, God did.) But still, I think there needs to be a little chaos in this order, to liven things up a bit. We have put the days in an unbreakable order, and called 365 days a year (which God did not do, by the way), and then we divided all those days up into 24 hours of 60 minutes each. We decided that you are supposed to give your body energy by consuming edible products at three times in the day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and, if you're lucky, snack and dessert too). Why are we so freakin organized?? Sorry, I'm not really upset at the world--just questioning things. Anyways, I guess I'm not so much going anywhere with this, other than the fact that it is very freeing to think there is no rule of godliness I am breaking if I choose to eat dinner at a wierd time or not at all, or if I decide that I want to take God's Sunday on Wednesday, or if I decide that 367 days ago was still in my mind's timeframe of a year. This has been spastic thoughts with Genevieve...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rod said...

Maybe you've spent too much time with me. Of course you know that I never eat more than two meals a day, and that the amount I consume at one of them is equivalant to two of anyone else's, and that it is taken at 2:00am.
My year is 600 days, which is why I am approximately 30 years old. I don't sleep at all from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon, and then not again until Monday night, which indicates that my days are no where near 24 hours.
I hope my salvation is not in question.

Anonymous said...

http://www.indepthinfo.com/weekdays/

Genevieve said...

Rod, I'll get back to you on the salvation issue...

And, Mark, you didn't write me anything, but I am linked to the west ii website.

Anonymous said...

LOL... Sarah and I say hi. I miss you... I think I saw you for 30 full seconds today. You went to bed early (not that I think it interferes with your salvation, mind you) and hope you're doing okay.

Okay bye.

Anonymous said...

You didn't see the days of the week website?

Genevieve said...

Mark--okay, got it. Sorry, sometimes I'm a little slow. I'm looking forward to delving into the histories of the days of the week...

Anonymous said...

Vieve ~ I'm a tad confused...you posted a comment here (http://www.xanga.com/item.aspx?user=bazilplace&tab=weblogs&uid=344203570) about me telling stories, but I'm not sure what stories you're referring too... ~ sem*

Anonymous said...

I think she was just identifying with the people you posted about... in a sarcastic sort of way. Oh, and FYI... she spells it "Vive." Dunno why, but she likes it when it's that way. :-D Skating tonight??

Anonymous said...

i see. sarcasm is only good when i'm alert enough to catch it. which hasn't been recently. sorry, vive, for picking on your family. my love to the ladies of hebron place.

Genevieve said...

Thank you Reinicke,for clarifying. Sorry, for my overly-sarcastic tendencies Sarah.

Anonymous said...

hey buddy...no I haven't been inside your head, but I've been in that situation before and had plenty of time to think about it.

Free Blog Counter