10.31.2005

How do those Kenyans do it?

The verdict was most definitely malaria. After being hospitalized for five days, they finally let me out yesterday, but I have a couple of weeks before I actually feel normal. That's a whole month worth of sickness! And Kenyans get this all the time! How do they live their normal lives? Anyways, thanks for the prayers and the visits (for those of you in the area). I didn't know how many friends I had until I got sick. It's kind of like when people die, everyone says nice things about them, and you realize how much people cared for you, except you can't cuz your dead. Well, I'm glad I got to find out before I died :)

5 comments:

Kevin Beck said...

Malaria? Ugh. I hope you're feeling better quickly.

On the bright side, maybe this can be the stuff of a new song.

Chris Kirk said...

well, you certainly are the first person I've known with malaria. Get well soon!

rod said...

wow. I guess I fall in the list of those in the area who don't care. Sheesh, I'm sorry las vegas.
I had no idea you were in the hospital. I even went around telling people you had malaria this weekend. I'm glad you're better and hope you stay that way. Sorry I was so caught up not to realize your straits this week.
Please forgive?

Genevieve said...

Rod, don't worry about it. I had enough visitors to keep me busy for a while. I hope you had a good weekend, and I'm guessing you found a sitter. I won't be at practice this week either because I'm not ready to do stuff yet.

Anonymous said...

Genevieve! Glad you're doing okay. I found out because I went by Mark's office twice in one week and you weren't there either time. I hope you feel better soon.

Free Blog Counter